Having had relaxed hair for a decade, you can be sure I have gone through a bunch of hair products. Sadly when it comes to hair, I landed at the lower end of the ‘good hair’ gene pool in my family. I have extremely coarse and dry hair. It is like the combination of steel wool and cat’s fur. I however recently started transitioning to texturized hair. Plaiting my hair is not often an option since I love my hair free so that means that I leave my hair open most of the time.
This also means I have to invest in a strict (I use that word very loosely), treatment routine. I am always trying to find a deep conditioner that has a somewhat great balance of protein and moisture treatment. The great thing about hair treatments is that you can always do it at home if you do not have time to go to the salon.
The Mega Growth Deep Conditioner is part of a range of products offered by Mega Growth Africa ranging from Relaxers, lotions and leave in treatments. It is an anti-breakage strengthener deep conditioner that aims to strengthen hair deep inside, repair damaged hair and protect against styling heat. It contains olive oil, jojoba oil, oat protein, and soy protein among other ingredients.
How to use it
- Wash your hair using your normal hair products.
- Apply a generous amount to your hair ensuring that you get the product into the roots.
- Wear a cap and sit under the dryer for a couple of minutes. Alternatively, if you do not have a drier you could allow the product to sit on your hair for 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse the product off with water.
- You may then style your hair as desired then go under the dryer or air dry your hair. If you are not going under the dryer, I would advise styling the hair after when damp instead of when wet.
I have been using this product for about 10 months now. First and foremost, the product smells amazing. I am a sucker for anything that smells like things I can eat. Secondly, although the product does not specify if it is a protein or moisture-based treatment, its description and ingredients indicate it is more of a protein-based treatment. However, after my hair is styled, it leaves my hair feeling moisturized. There is also a slight sheen right after my hair dries. This is saying a lot, especially for extremely dry skin such as mine.
One great thing that I liked about this treatment is that it works miracles on my hair ends. By the time I settle for my treatment, my split ends are usually bone dry. It reduces that frizzy look.
- It is a great duo treatment. Both for moisture and protein.
- It smells really good.
- Works perfectly on my very frizzy ends.
- I honestly think it is one of the most affordable treatments.
I feel like I have to use a lot of the product per every treatment. The product gets a little sticky which makes it a little hard to spread.
Looking back to when I started using this product, my hair has gone through significant improvement. It is not as dry and flaky as it used to be and the hair breakage has also reduced. It is important to note that I sometimes switch it up with a moisture-based treatment. I think it is a great deep-conditioning product but you need to remember that getting great hair has also to do with how you take care of the hair even after the treatment.
Here are a couple of things you can try to keep your hair healthy Hair Care: 5 Tips For Maintaining Relaxed Hair
Product Review: TCB Naturals Herbal Pomade With Menthol And Aloe