If you are up late most nights you might be exhausted and you will need to come up with solutions for how to stay awake at work. So here are a few natural remedies that you can take to keep you alert during the day.
2. Green Tea. Green tea is good as it raises your metabolism. It contains powerful antioxidants and phytochemicals. It flushes out toxins. It is a natural stress reducer, it helps with chronic fatigue, and it reduces inflammation. It increases fat oxidation and metabolism which enables your body’s fat-burning potential which is good for weight loss. 11 Health Benefits Of Green Tea
3. Dark chocolate. It has to be really dark chocolate. If you a chocoholic like me you will be glad to know that dark chocolate has nutrients that give you energy, relieve stress and enable you to focus.Health: 10 Amazing Benefits Of Chocolate
4. Citrus fruits. Fruits like oranges and lemons are full of vitamin c which is an immune booster. These fruits also improve alertness. If you were drinking as well citrus fruits are also a great way to kill that bad hangover.
5. Apples. They contain fructose, a natural sugar that will help you keep going. It is a great fruit for keeping somebody awake. The advantage of apples over coffee is that it doesn’t make you crash. Apples also have carbohydrates which give you energy and they also contain fibre. There is a reason why they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Health: 6 Reasons To Include Apples In Your Diet
6. Water. If you are not at the top of your game in the morning it could be from dehydration. This could either be from fatigue or even because of drinking alcohol while watching the game. It helps to drink a couple of glasses to rehydrate your system and also remove toxins. Lifestyle And Health: The Benefits Of Staying Hydrated
7. Cereal. Cereal especially bran has a healthy dose of B-complex vitamins and carbohydrates which are energy-giving. They also contain fibre which is good for you. I would personally recommend Weetabix which helps with giving energy.
8. Music. Listening to some great music can also keep you alert and help you not to fall asleep during the day. It keeps the brain active and engaged. Uses Of Music For Mental Health
9. Eating fish and/or taking cod liver oil. Fish contains omega-3 fatty acids which keep the mind alert and also give energy. I personally take Cod liver oil every day. Cod liver oil contains Vitamin A and Vitamin D which is good for maintaining brain performance. Lifestyle: 8 Health And Nutritional Benefits Of Fish
10. Eggs. Eggs have choline, which is an essential nutrient in the Vitamin B family. Eggs give you energy. Choline helps your central nervous system to function and is also involved in metabolism. Health: The Benefits And Dangers Of Eating Eggs
11. Beans. Beans are full of vitamin B. they are a great energy source as they contain proteins and complex carbohydrates, which means they will give you sustained energy to get throughout the day. The Health And Nutritional Benefits Of Beans
12. Leafy Greens especially dark ones. Sukuma wiki, spinach and other dark greens will help you get energy. They have folate – which is a brain booster, calcium, Vitamins C and K and beta-carotene. Lifestyle: The Benefits Of Spinach
13. Exercise. Exercise is not only for keeping you fit and healthy. It is also a great way to keep your body alert. Exercise increases circulation and keeps you awake naturally. You don’t have to do anything strenuous it can be as simple as stretching your body. You can also take a walk at lunchtime. This will also have the added benefit of making alert so that you do not sleep in the afternoon when you should be productive. What Type Of Exercises Are Right For You?
14. Power nap. If all of the above are not helping then it may be time to fight fire with fire. Your body may be crying out for sleep but you cannot afford to take the whole world cup period to sleep during the day so what do you do? Take a power nap. Done correctly power naps can help restore your energy levels. They can also boost your memory, creativity, and cognitive skills. A 20 – 25 min power nap is usually recommended. 7 Ways To Fix Your Sleep Schedule Especially For Those With Irregular Sleep Patterns
15. Take a break from the computer. If you are in a job where you spend hours in front of a computer it is very easy to get fatigued and fall asleep. Give your eyes a break to avoid fatigue.