Raise your fabulous hand if you’re feeling overwhelmed and stressed…(we are).
Overwhelm and burnout are very real. Women especially are often expected by society (yes even in 2022) to give and give until there isn’t anything left. We’re associated with being the mothers; the givers. But as always, here at Empress Mimi we say social expectations be damned. Your priority this weekend, and the next, and damn, maybe the one after that too is to take care of the number one Goddess in your life: YOU.
We can’t control the stressors that come our way. Maybe your job is causing you extra anxiety this week, maybe it’s your family – maybe it’s that loud neighbour upstairs, maybe it’s even just that annoying little voice in your own head that won’t stop worrying and let you get your much-needed beauty sleep.
What we can and should manage, is our response to the stressors, what we can control are the habits and routines we form that strengthen us and allow us to come back to our lives revitalized and re-energised. And there are few things that make you feel as fresh as a new pair of fancy underwear, that you can pick up at https://www.empressmimi.com/collections/panties
Below, read on to put the world on pause this weekend and put yourself on top of the priority list.
- Say no to things you do not feel like doing. Cancel plans that you feel obliged rather than inspired to do. Set your boundaries.
- Give yourself the permission to relax, put everything aside for a while and just think of yourself and your satisfaction. Shimmy away the stress of the work week.
- Give yourself an at-home manicure and pedicure whilst listening to some old-school French music. Wear a cute and comfy outfit whilst completing your me time – may we suggest the Odile slip dress that’ll playfully move around with you.
- Take a nap – your future Monday-morning self will thank you. Best accomplished whilst reclining on an all-silk pillowcase.
- This entire weekend is designed to let out your feel good hormones—dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins. Release them by starting your day with some fun and happy songs, cook and enjoy your fave meal, dig into that dessert, and watch some chick flick or rom-com films. Unplug your mobile or turn off notifications. The world will still be there when you’re ready to come back.
Remember, it isn’t selfish to take care of yourself. Prioritising your mental & physical health first is an absolute must. Because a happy and empowered Empress is one whose cup runneth over; a cup from which you have so much more to give.