If you have an African parent then you know how they don’t mess around.
Here are so many memes and videos about African parents that can keep you amused for days. Like this one
A while back
@curateAfrica – Tehn Diamond took us back to when we were young and how our parents would discipline us for any small mistake or express their disappointment.
1. Our parents have eyes on the back of their heads or a third eye. That or the ancestors are whispering to them what we would do in secret.
2. Thinking about sleepovers was a no – n
3. You are so scared of your parents that you can only confess your sins years later when it is too late for your mother to beat you
4. Your neighbours believed it takes a village to raise a child. So your friend’s mother will beat you on your mother’s behalf. That didn’t mean that your mother still wouldn’t discipline you.
5. Being in the same room with a girl after a certain age meant that you were up to no good.
6. Your parents would let you pick your instrument of torture … discipline. You would pay for thinking that you were going to get off lightly.
7. You were playing with your siblings and having fun … But your mother did not get the memo and you got slapped silly.
8. You got a whooping for laughing when your siblings were being beaten. How dare you laugh at your sibling? Beat one, get another one to beat for free!
9. Your parents would play mind games during discipline time.
10. You would get pinched for the little things but for some of the big things the slipper would come off your mother’s foot. It was painful.
11. Not as painful as those green juicy branches that would be cut for special beatings.
12. When you sneaked out of the house, had fun and then you come back to find your parents have a black belt for beating errant children.
13. When your sibling would make a mistake, you would help them cover up and then you would get a beating on their behalf because obviously, you were the one who made the mistake. Siblings are not good people clearly as they would not confess.
14. Saying no would unleash a beating
15. When you were trying to be cool but your dad was not feeling that story.
16. Dads who had no chills whatsoever.
17. Going to your friends’ homes to eat would get you a whooping. And somehow they would find out!
18. It was not socially acceptable to go eat at your friend’s house. When you asked in advance it was even worse you would get a tongue lashing
19. Trying dreadlocks was clearly a sign of rebellion. It is better to chop it at the roots.
20. When you would be given options between weapons of mass discipline. A thread
21. If it was not enough to feel the pain of falling from a tree, you needed to feel the pain of disobeying your parents and climbing trees you had no business climbing.
22. Not giving your Mother her respect would get you a beating. Names are important!
23. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Whichever way you would get a beating!
24. Even as an adult you still have to apologize for doing stuff your mother doesn’t like. Your body is your mother’s property lol.
25. You were guilty by association so you needed to be beaten before you did the “stupid” things others were doing
26. Asking visitors innocent questions was enough to get your parents mad.
27. Your parents would really make you pay for your mistakes so that you would not try that foolishness again.
28. There was no excuse for foolishness. You would get a beating.
29. But in the end, you realize your parents made you who you were. And you wouldn’t change anything in hindsight.
VIDEO What did you do that caused you to get disciplined by your parents?
Kenyan Mothers Used To Be Very Strict And You Would Be Punished For Different Offenses. Here Are Some Interesting Twitter Responses On Some Of Them
7 Things Parents Are Recommended To Teach Their Children
20 Funny Tweets That Will Lighten Your Mood During The 2022 Kenyan Election Period
Growing Up In A Lower-Middle-Class Family Is A Struggle! Here Are 7 Reasons Why
I Am Tired Of Being The Firstborn
Things You Can Only Hear Or Find At Functions In Shagz