Potentash is looking for 1 intern for September.
An intern who is both good at writing news and creative fiction stories. The applicant must be a communications major (either degree or diploma) or have at least 6 months of experience writing for a website.
The paid internship will be for 3 months.
- Must be a creative writer
- Should be knowledgeable about current affairs and trends
- Must be able to write articles, opinion pieces and do interviews (features and business)
- Must be able to attend events and press briefings
- Must be good at research
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision because you will work remotely.
- Experience in creating social media content and video production skills would be a plus.
If still in university, the person should have already completed coursework as I am looking for somebody to join the team full time after successfully completing the internship.
Applications must be sent in by August 15. *There are competency writing tasks assignments for the second interview so the earlier somebody applies the better so that their work is in on time before the final physical interview.
The person applying for the internship must be based in Nairobi. The work is mostly remote but the writer may occasionally have field assignments.
An email with a cover letter (in the email) and a CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email headline should be Application For Internship – Features. The letter should be addressed to the Editor – Rayhab. Please provide 3 samples of your writing in a word document (one) – the samples should be on different topics or creative writing.
We encourage people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Job Applications: 4 Tips To Make Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) Stand Out From The Rest
Employment: 9 Proven Ways To Create Compelling Job Application Letters
Careers: How To Get The Most Out Of Your Internship