Ever asked yourself whether the digital economy is worth your time? As a blogger, I can tell you that I earn a living from the digital economy. The Bloggers Association of Kenya (BAKE) have organized the first ever Digital Camp at Crayfish Campsite, Naivasha from the 6th – 8th November. The theme for this camp is “Harnessing the digital economy”.
It will be a gathering of the digital community in Kenya consisting of online content creators, developers, artists, PR practitioners, marketers, digital professionals, Social media influencers and any other person interested in online content generation.
The program is going to be broad and all-inclusive. With market leaders taking campers through master classes, fireside chats and 45-minute presentation sessions about current trends. You shall be able to engage the speakers in Q & A on various topics.
Some of the speakers are:
1. Caroline Mutoko, Group marketing director for Radio Africa. Ms. Mutoko is known for her thought provoking YouTube channel, Destiny is choice, not chance. She will be giving a presentation on ‘From a radio presenter to a YouTube personality.
2. Mutua Matheka a photographer and award winning blogger (mutuamatheka.co.ke). Mutua Matheka has won twice the award in best photography blog category of the BAKE awards. He will be handling a master class on photography blogging and Instagram.
3. Jackson Biko, a creative writer. Biko is known for his popular blog (bikozulu.co.ke) which carried the Visa Denied and Jadudi campaign story. He is also a writer a writer with the Business Daily, True Love magazine and The Saturday Nation. He will be handling a master class on creative blogging. If you are want to make your blogs more creative, this is the master class you should not miss.
4. Limo Tarboi (Bankelele) is a banking, finance, technology and investment writer. He will be handling a master class on Business blogging. You will benefit from this session by taking tips on writing analytical business pieces on current trends that will engage your audience.
5. Mikul Shah CEO at Eat Out Africa. Mikul is an Investor and entrepreneur with over 10 years’ experience in mature and emerging markets. He will be taking us through a fireside chat on Investing in online enterprises. Campers will benefit by knowing what investors look for before investing in an online enterprise.
Expect lots of team building activities and networking. You will spend a weekend with the digital market leaders with whom you will be able to exchange business ideas. What’s more, you will get to meet the faces behind the online content you have been enjoying.
With all the fun, networking and learning that will be talking place, you dont want to miss out on this opportunity. Tickets are now on sale at the cost of Ksh. 3, 500 for BAKE members and Ksh.4, 500 for non-members. This amount will cater for your transport, accommodation for the two nights and meals for the three days. The deadline for payment is 31st October, 2015. Get details on how to purchase tickets from this link.
After paying via Mpesa, you can register on this page.