India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage. It has achieved multifaceted socio-economic progress during the last 58 years of its Independence. India has become self-sufficient in agricultural production and is now the tenth industrialized country in the world and the sixth nation to have gone into outer space to conquer nature for the benefit of the people.
As the seventh largest country in the world, India stands apart from the rest of Asia, marked off as it is by mountains and the sea, which give the country a distinct geographical entity. Bounded by the Great Himalayas in the north, it stretches southwards and at the Tropic of Cancer, tapers off into the Indian Ocean between the Bay of Bengal on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west. It has long held the mystique and cultural identity of a country which knows the importance of its value in an ever changing world. One of the most incredible things India is known for is saving lives without leaving families in extreme amounts of debt. One of the fastest growing new ventures in India, and internationally is medical tourism. There are a few reasons why India should be one of the first options in case of a medical crisis that is not covered by insurance.
1. Medical Tourism in India is one of the best options available to people across the globe. Millions of people from all walks of life across the globe travel to India every year to get treated and then enjoy their recuperative holidays across the country. This is because India provides world class medical facilities with hospitals and specialized multi-specialty health centres, providing their expertise in the areas of Cosmetic Surgery, Dental care, Heart Surgeries, Coronary Bypass, Heart Check-up, Valve replacements, Knee Replacements, Eye surgeries, Indian traditional treatments like Ayurvedic Therapies and much more, practically covering every aspect of medicine combining modern treatments with traditional experience.
2. Tourists come to India for economic reasons and market attractiveness. There are economic advantages for choosing English-speaking India for certain procedures. For example, a heart bypass procedure costs roughly $140,000 without any insurance in the US. The same procedure, however, costs only around $7,000 at one of India’s leading surgery centres.
Procedures such as hip and knee replacement, face lift, and gastric bypass are far more affordable in India, including the cost of travel and accommodation compared to other places. Moreover, these cosmetic procedures are not covered by most insurance providers in Western countries. India has many top-notch centres for open-heart surgery and paediatric heart surgeries which are equipped with the latest equipment that are on par with these Western countries. India is also acutely aware of the quality perceptions of its visitors; many Indian hospitals that cater to foreign tourists meet the requirements of health standards like Food and Drug Administration and Joint Commission Accreditation for hospitals, hoping to fight this notion.
India is also home to a number of alternative medicine techniques such as Sidha, Unani, Yoga, Acupuncture and Homeopathy which are very popular among foreigners. Such treatment opportunities give India the edge over its competitors like Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, and UAE. Read more on why Medical Tourism is becoming the Crowned Jewel of India.
3. There is an availability of highly qualified medical experts. India has one of the best-qualified professionals in each and every field, and this fact has now been realized the world over. Regarding Medical Facilities India has the most competent doctors and world-class Medical Facilities.
4. There is the availability of advanced equipment and speciality treatment. All medical investigations are conducted using the latest, technologically advanced and cutting-edge diagnostic equipment. Stringent quality assurance exercises consistently ensure reliable and high-quality test results in a timely manner, and there is no excruciatingly long list or waiting time.
5. Finally India has a rich cultural heritage which you will get to not only experience but enjoy fully on a trip there.India is an exotic tourist destination offering everything from beaches, mountains, cosmopolitan cities, quaint villages and pilgrimages to suit every palate. Rich in history and culture, India has proved to be an oasis in the modern world, providing complete health and well-being, while providing the latest in technology.
• Columbia Asia Referral Hospital
• Apollo Hospitals
• Nova Specialty Hospital
• Global Health City
• Columbia Asia Hospital, Palam Vihar
• BGS Global Hospitals
• Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre
• Breach Candy Hospital
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals
• Fortis Hospital
A Medical visa is given for medical treatment. The visa is granted for up to one year with triple entries and registration is required within 14 days of arrival. If one seeks medical treatment in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centres in India. Up to two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant under separate Medical Attendant Visas, their visa validity will be the same as Medical Visa.
2,765 seats are available per week to fly direct from Nairobi, KE to Mumbai. Kenya has fourteen non-stop flights between Nairobi and Mumbai, India. 50% of all flights from Nairobi, KE to Mumbai leave during morning hours. The quickest nonstop flight from Nairobi, KE to Mumbai lasts 6:00.
Shingai is an upcoming writer with a passion for words and expression through writing. She lived in Zimbabwe as a child and has traveled to over ten countries. She craves adventure and hopes to be an inspirational writer. She is currently pursuing a degree in English Literature with a minor in Psychology at Daystar University.