Safaricom yesterday announced a set of new data products that should resonate with its customers. The new data plans are priced to suit various lifestyles and allow subscribers to use their data for longer periods. The data plans are available to both Pre-pay and Post-Pay subscribers.
In February this year, Safaricom launched new data bundles that had a mixed reaction with customers. This feedback has informed the decision to redesign the data bundles.
There are 3 options: Data bundles option, Time based tariff and Out of Bundle Tariff (Pay As You Go).
• For the daily bundles, customers will be required to dial *544# from their phones and the bundles will be valid for 24hrs after which they expire. They will roll over though if the subscriber purchases another daily data bundles before expiry. You can purchase data bundles from 7MB from as low as Kshs. 5 up to 150MB at Kshs. 50.
• The weekly bundles will be valid for 7 day and will then expire but can be extended by buying a new bundle. The new validity will now be that of your new data bundle. You can buy data bundles from 5MB at Kshs 5 to 130MB at Kshs 100.
• The monthly data bundles have a validity period of 30 days. The data bundles available are from 350MB at Kshs 250 to 12 GB at Kshs 3,000. You can extend this period by buying a new bundle.
• The 90 days bundle is available only on M-Pesa and will not be available through rechargeable vouchers. The bundles will only be available from 6GB at Kshs 3,000 to 30GB at Kshs 9,000.
• For the time based tariff, Safaricom prepay subscribers will be able to activate to access the internet at Kshs. 2/- per minute billed per second regardless of the volume of data downloaded. This will however not apply to roaming subscribers as they will be charged on applicable tariffs based on the roaming network.
• The 3rd option is the out of Bundle Tariff which is a Pay as You Go Tariff which enables subscribers to use Safaricom data on the go without subscribing to any of the above plans. This will cost Kshs 4 per MB. All you have to do is purchase Safaricom airtime and then you can start browsing.
Bob Collymore quotes Bill Gates who once said: “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Safaricom has listened to the customers and made the necessary changes to their data bundles proposition to enable their customers to enjoy an unparalleled data experience.