Carpet cleaning requires much time and effort. The carpet must be vacuumed, the carpet stains must be removed, and all dried-up areas treated with a variety of treatments to make the area look new again.
In addition, special care needs to be taken when cleaning carpets that are extremely dirty or covered in animal droppings. These animals may have left their mark on the surface of your carpet in some way that requires special attention from a professional cleaner. And as the carpet cleaning requires much care so does the office cleaning.
If a business is not cleaned regularly and thoroughly, it can lose customers and its image of being professional. If a client walks into a dirty office, they may become hesitant to do business with the company. When looking at your office flooring: make sure that the carpet itself is clean before you clean the carpet. Frequently vacuum the carpet thoroughly, and use your household vacuum cleaner on carpets that are more than one year old to help keep them looking newer.
Office cleaning is required to be done at least once a week to ensure that germs and bacteria are washed off of the furniture, walls, and carpeting. A dirty floor attracts dirt and dust, which can make allergies even worse for people who suffer from them. If you have carpets in your office building, there needs to be a professional carpet cleaning company to come in and clean the carpets. This prevents any stains or odours from settling into the fabric of the carpet, which could eventually lead to mould or water damage if not taken care of.
Even if your office is very small, regular cleaning should still be scheduled. Your employees will feel more comfortable working in a clean environment. A dirty office building also gives off a negative impression to clients and other potential customers walking into your business on a daily basis.
The time frame of when you should hire an office cleaning service is based on how much is going on at your place of work each day. If you have meetings throughout the day or deal with new clients all through the week, it would probably be a good idea to start scheduling weekly cleanings (if they are not already on-hand). If you do not have many visitors or employees entering the building throughout the day, then twice-a-month cleanings would probably suffice for this business situation.
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR CLEANING AN OFFICE SPACE
- Damp mop the flooring with a solution of one part vinegar and two parts water. Vinegar removes residue from shoes, reducing the amount of dirt that gets tracked into the office space.
- Wash the walls in your office space with a solution of 10 parts water to one part bleach, then rinse the walls with a mixture of one part vinegar to three parts water.
- Vacuum or sweep your carpeting twice weekly; you can also outsource office cleaning services if it is too time-consuming, especially if you have a large office space. If you have older, low-pile carpeting, hire professional carpet cleaning services at least once annually.
- Clean doors, windows, and light switches daily with 1/2 cup ammonia in 1-gallon hot water; wipe desks, top, and bottoms of drawers daily with a damp cloth lightly sprinkled with clear household vinegar (use glass cleaner on mirrors).
- Keep trash receptacles clean and empty daily.
- Damp-mop flooring once weekly using one part vinegar in two parts warm water (dilute one cup per gallon). Pour into the bucket; mop as usual with a wrung-out mop (do not rinse bucket).
- Use lint-free disposable cloths for dusting or dry dusting furniture and other items that are easily damaged by moisture.
- Spot clean furniture that takes heavy abuse or has worn spots: make a paste of equal parts borax laundry booster and sugar; apply to spot; let sit until sugar dissolves; remove paste when ready to vacuum up the next day so as not to the scratch surface being treated.
In conclusion, professional office cleaning is a great way to ensure whether your business is open for customers or if you are closed for the day, the next day comes and your office space looks fresh and clean for the new week ahead. Singapore Carpet Cleaning is the leader when it comes to carpet cleaning in Singapore.