Liberal gaming laws make it possible for millions of South Africans to enjoy the thrills of online casino games. With the ever-increasing number of online casino games, you may be wondering which ones to play. Which games are popular, and which ones should you play first? We’ve compiled a list for you to check out below, and be sure to give one a try.
Slots are gambling games that have spinning reels. The reels have various symbols on them. Gamers place bets on the alignment of the symbols and then spin the reel. If the symbols line up with the bet after the reel comes to rest, the gamer wins.
A computer program controls the operation of the reel and determines the numbers and symbols that will win. Unlike the early slot machines that had limited symbols and reel sizes, modern online slots have multiple features like multiple reels, dozens of pay lines, bonus games, and immersive 3D graphics.
It’s not surprising that South Africans love playing slots, especially when they offer these benefits:
* Free play options: Online casinos are more generous than their land-based counterparts. They offer free games so players can try out different slots and discover if they like them before they play with real money.
* Free spin bonuses: After signing up with online casinos, many of them offer enticing bonuses. You can enjoy free spins that can give you real money if you win. While you may need to meet certain requirements before you withdraw such money, it’s still a great way to play with minimal risk.
* Greater payback than land-based casinos: Online casinos don’t have to make money per square meter of their facility to stay in business. They operate with lower overhead costs, and they are open for business 24/7. That’s why they offer their players a higher payout than brick-and-mortar casinos.
Playing slots online can be more intriguing than visiting a land-based establishment. You can play games that have engaging, interactive, and exciting storylines. Some have mystic, fictional, historical, magical, and sports themes.
Another great opportunity for punters is the progressive jackpot game. Participating in a progressive jackpot allows you to compete with different players from other parts of the world. The payouts are usually much higher than single-player games.
- Realtime Games (RTG)
Realtime Games is a company that develops software for some of the most popular casino games in South Africa. RTG was one of the first game developers to provide progressive jackpots and multiplayer poker. Now they have over 300 games in their library.
South Africans enjoy RTG casino games because they allow punters to use the Rand, the local currency.
Some newly opened casinos like the Punt Casino offer old-time favourites like blackjack, poker, slots, craps, and roulette. In addition to the generous welcome bonus, players can bet and receive payouts in Rand or Bitcoins.
RTG offers scores of modern video reel slots and traditional slot machine games. They usually come with free spins, wilds, bonus rounds, and a higher possibility of a big win.
RTG also vets casinos. So if you find an RTG game at a casino, it’s an indication that the casino has a good reputation.
- Live Casino
Live casino games allow players to play against a dealer in real-time. With efficient live-streaming technology, players can chat with a dealer during shuffling, dealing, and betting.
Live casino games are available for both mobile phone and laptop users. Players can find a Live casino button on the casino’s website. After tapping or clicking this button, a live dealer appears to move you through the game.
Live casino games offer you the exciting experience you get when you visit a real gambling establishment. You can play blackjack, poker, roulette, and various card games during a live gambling session.
- Table Games
Casino table games give players the chance to play against the casino with a live dealer. This distinguishes them from games played with a slot machine or multiplayer games like poker.
Table games give players the privilege to put knowledge and strategy to work. They allow them to use their knowledge of the odds rather than merely spinning a slot. Although these games are not as popular online as slot games, experienced gamers still enjoy playing them. Popular table games include,
* Baccarat: This high-stakes game is not difficult to learn. The dealer gives each player two or three cards. The goal is to play the game until the card count equals nine. The twist is that players can bet on their hands, the dealers, or on a tie.
* Roulette: The roulette has a wheel, numbered board, and a live dealer. The dealer puts the ball on the board and spins the wheel.
Players bet on whether the wheel will land on the black, red, or green spot. They can also bet on even, odd, or individual numbers. Learning how to bet and play doesn’t take long. That’s probably why it’s one of the most commonly played live casino games. Some advanced players can also apply various betting systems, such as the Martingale variety, to better increase their chances of winning.
* Craps: In many land-based casinos, the loudest cheers are often coming from the craps table. The “pass line” is the commonest bet. If the shooter (the player rolling the dice) throws the dice and gets a 7 or 11, it’s a win. If the outcome is 2, 3, or 12, it’s a loss. Other numbers become the point, and the shooter has to roll the same number again to win. A loss occurs if the player rolls a 7 afterwards.
Those are some of the most popular casino games played online in South Africa. You don’t have to wait to become a guru before you start playing and betting. Simply use your sign-up bonus to play free games and you are on your way to becoming a skilled game player.
My Fascination With Gaming & How It All Began