It is melting hot outside and the one thing you would like to do is go for a swim. You put on your booty shorts or your swimming costume then notice the dimples on your bum and thighs. Or you may wear a nice fitting dress that shows off your great body. From top to bottom you are excited as your breasts look amazing as well as your hips. Soon after you realize the dimples are not giving it a rest as they bulge from your figure hugging dress. Cellulite is one of those skin conditions many women face and try to hide in their day to day life. It is the reason you may not want to see yourself naked in front of a mirror or change your mind about a swimming costume. So what is the solution to this condition?
According to Medical News Today; Cellulite is a condition in which the skin appears to have areas with underlying fat deposits, giving it a dimpled, lumpy appearance. It is most noticeable on the buttocks and thighs, and usually occurs after puberty. I bet it all sounds too familiar, doesn’t it? Well luckily with everything there are causes as well as solutions. The following reasons are most likely the reason for those unwanted dimples.
1. Hormonal factors: Our hormones can simply not chill. They sometimes have to show you who the boss is beyond the menstrual cycle. Some hormones that have been blamed for cellulite include:
Estrogen: promote the development for female body characteristics
Insulin: Regulates the amount of sugar in the blood
Noradrenaline: Increases blood pressure and heart rate
Thyroid hormones: Primarily responsible for the regulation of metabolism
Prolactin: Stimulates milk production after child birth
Not interesting I bet. Though there is nothing much you can do about this unless you get hormonal regulator which should be discussed with your doctor.
2. Diet: Eating junk food all the time is not good for you. Kenchic, KFC and the yummy fried junk food will not help cellulite. Carbohydrates, salts and fats are your worst enemies. Keep in mind carbohydrates are used to produce energy so if you have very little physical activity it turns into fat. Salts are known to dehydrate your body, this will reduce skin elasticity. Maintaining a balanced diet is highly important for your whole body.
3. Clothing: Tight clothing has never been good for good blood flow. When it comes to cellulite underwear with tight elastic may contribute to the formation of cellulite.
4. Workout: I honestly wish there was a way we could lose weight without intense workout. Unfortunately you need to get it moving if you want toned thighs. It is better to enrol in a gym program or get a group of friends that you can work out with. Motivating yourself may be a hard job but keep your eyes on the price.
5. Genetics: You can thank family for a lot of things but at times you may not. One of those things you may not be grateful for are some genes. Some characteristics such as slow metabolism, gender or circulatory insufficiency could be a big contributing factor to your cellulite. Sadly this will be only be controlled once you watch what you eat and increase your level of physical activity.
There are cellulite removal drugs that are available. I highly advise to seek treatment from a qualified doctor particularly a dermatologist because Google is not your hospital. Though there are simple remedies that can change your life.
1. Cardiovascular workout: Keeping in mind that cellulite is a type of fat it is important to get your heart pumping faster. If you engage in activities such as running, hiking, skipping rope or find one that works out for your body then do it. The main point is to reduce your body fat.
2. Toning: As you may know I am a fan of apps. If you cannot afford or do not have the time for a gym download a workout app. Some apps are so specific, just search for muscle toning and there you have it. Exercises such as squats come in handy in toning your thighs and buttocks. Check out some exercises you can do to reduce cellulite here.
3. Diet: Proteins, vegetables, fruits and whole grains are what you need. You should have healthy carbohydrates to have energy to workout. Though dont over it as it will turn into fat.
4. Stay hydrated: There might be a chance that your body is holding on to excess fluid. When you stay hydrated especially with water you will be reducing the appearance of dimply skin as your body gets rid of excess fluid.
5. Sleep well: When you are focused on losing weight you need to get your beauty sleep. Getting less than 8 hours is unhealthy for your system as your body slows down. To have a high functional body balance your time in a way that you can rejuvenate and release the right chemicals from your brain.
For more tips on cardiovascular techniques, check this out this article on how to get rid of cellulite.
As a woman there are many body challenges you will go through. There is a lot of pressure to look a certain way. People forget that you are your own nutritionist, trainer amongst other things necessary to achieve your ideal look. Keep calm; embrace your body even as you work towards your health and fitness goals.